pondělí 4. února 2019

Ceramic Knives Reviews 2019

Hello all! It has been really long time since I wrote last article here about ceramic knives, but do not worry, I still love these knives. That is really the beauty of these knives, they are here for life (if you know how to take care of them). If you have never tried ceramic knife before, than I'm sure that this is the right article article for you.

So, what has changes over the years since I have written last post on this blog? Well, in my personal life, so much happened, but that is not what this blog is about so I will just skip that. In ceramic knives area, lot has happened. Most important of course is, that the companies that makes these knives are still working hard to make them even better, so almost every year that is some at least minor step towards better materials and ceramic knives are all about materials. If you want to read some of the latest review of these knives, check out this site which has plenty of latest reviews.

Human kind uses knives for really very long time and I'm pretty sure we have already achieved the best possible design, flint and later copper knives are used for many thousands of years. The oldest single edged knife we know about is 4000 years old. All this time we had to perfect the design of knife and I think we can say now that design of knifes is almost perfect. So the only aspect that can get better is of course material and that is the reason why we have ceramic knives these days. It is for sure material of future.

I have very good reason to believe that ceramic is really material of future for knives. Of course it is completely different than metal and that is the reason why ceramic i not good for utility, tactical or hunting knives, but it has so much to offer you in the kitchen. I know what I'm talking about because I'm using my Kyocera for many years and even my gf managed to make a dent in its blade, it is still crazy sharp and I have never sharpened it. I still plan to have it sharpened, but only because I have read that you can get rid of smaller dents by sharpening it, not that I would think it is not sharp enough. Can you imagine metal knife that you do not have to sharpen for years, use it daily and it would still be extremely sharp? I really can not! This is the power of material, not design and we surely have lot of space to improve these materials, because ceramic knives unfortunately have many disadvantages also, because of the ceramic material that can be very fragile sometimes. Luckily, it is not as fragile as some people who never tried ceramic knife thinks it is.

Ok this got much longer than I thought it would be, I just wanted to let you know about that site with knives reviews which has plenty ceramic knives reviewed as well.


Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat